Orbital: San Diego
Open call for Artworks
Orbital: San Diego
Orbital provides artists the opportunity to display work in Lewis Global Communications offices world-wide and is organized by the Kupambana Art Foundation.
The current opportunity is an open call for artwork to be displayed in the LEWIS/Piston office in Downtown San Diego, CA. Benefits for selected artists include: international exposure in multiple countries; sales exposure to LEWIS / Piston clients; and PR exposure through LEWIS/Piston’s online platforms.
Subject matter is entirely open, but submitted work should explore the following themes: Agility, Flexibility and Dexterity; Symbiotic Opposites and Duality.
Selected works, chosen by Jessica D’Elena-Tweed (Creative Director, Piston), Joshua Y’Barbo (PhD Candidate, Chelsea College of Arts), and other leadership within the Lewis organisation, will be exhibited at the Lewis/Piston office in San Diego, CA, over a 12 month period.
June 6th – Submission deadline
June 13th – selection and confirmation of artworks
June 27th – Installation
Conditions of Entry
- The call for entries is open to any Chelsea College of Art student who is currently working in digital media, design or digital printing.
- Paintings, drawings, photos and small works on paper will also be considered.
- Selected works will be printed and mounted by the Kupambana Art Foundation.
- Small (>5 MB) and print-quality (high resolution) images should be submitted for consideration. Files must include titles, dimensions, medium and year, as well as a short statement by (100 words max) and CV of the artist. Each submission can include up to 6 images.
- The above assets should be sent via Dropbox to Joshua Y’Barbo (email@example.com) and Jessica D’Elena-Tweed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Artists of the selected works will be contacted to arrange printing, mounting and framing. Once complete, they will be installed and put on display in the LEWIS/Piston office in San Diego, CA.
- Artists of the selected works are solely responsible for providing digital images. Shipping costs for non-digital works will be covered by Kupambana Art Foundation. Further details will be provided in an Artist Agreement Form.
- All submissions are due on June 6th and the selected artists will be notified by
- Work will be selected based on the themes presented in this brief. The show’s organizers are primarily looking for works that are meant to be printed but will consider other 2-D mediums as well.